Driving Toward The Goal, On-Ice and Online
For over 130 years, hockey has been a major part of the history of Concord, NH, and for eight years Black Ice Pond Hockey has celebrated that long heritage on the ice with a much-anticipated annual ice hockey tournament designed to bring out the best amateur hockey players in the area. We designed an all-new website to help bring Black Ice Pond Hockey into the 21st century, and made everything from starting a team to showing your support easier than ever with one engaging user experience.
Live Scoring Helps Fans Follow Along In Real Time
If you’re a hockey fan, you know that things move fast out on the ice. In a tournament setting, when multiple games are going on at a time, scores roll in quickly - and keeping track can be tough even for the most dedicated fans. That’s why we built a live scoring feature to let fans stay in the know right on time.
- Live scoring organized by day, by rink number, and by division for easy navigation
- Simple back end allows for easy updates as games are played
- Full rundown of past scores and previous winners available for all visitors
Improved UX For Easier Navigation - Especially On Mobile
Hardcore hockey fans probably aren’t signing into their desktop to check scores on-the-fly - more likely, they’re checking their phone or mobile device. That’s why we designed the entire Black Ice site to be responsive and simple to use across all devices - meaning you can stay tuned in from anywhere, even rinkside.
- Responsive design scales down to single column scroll on mobile for easy exploration even on small screens
- Menu compresses into single dropdown for simple navigation on mobile devices and tablets, and expands to full layout for desktop users
Simple Registration For Teams & Sponsors
As the central source for all things Black Ice, we knew the new site had to be more than just a place for fans to track scores; it needed to be the primary destination for team and sponsorship registration.
- New and returning teams can register for certain divisions, and new players can apply to join existing teams
- Players and registrants can pay for registration through simple PayPal integration
- Easy for sponsors to register and advertisers to purchase space around the rink directly through the site