Web Support Specialist, FT
February 10, 2022
We’re Altos... An award-winning digital agency based in Southern New Hampshire, but passionately working 100% remote since March of 2020. The pandemic hasn’t slowed us or our clients down and we’re currently searching for a Web Support Specialist to assist our growing portfolio of clients throughout the country. If you are looking to work alongside some crazy talented designers, developers and digital marketers who love what they do, then please read on.
The Web Support Specialist will be responsible for providing technical and friendly customer support to our clients and our internal team. You’ll work with clients (via phone, email and/or messaging) to troubleshoot or update existing websites.
- Manage and resolve incoming support requests through our ticketing system.
- Answer support client calls, emails, or online messaging regarding website troubleshooting, site updates, plugin updates, server or hosting issues, email creation and troubleshooting
- Enhance existing websites through a support queue (eg: adding new pages, posts and images).
- Assist in page building and content population of ongoing builds.
- Update a variety of CMS’ frameworks quarterly via dev/stage/prod workflow.
- Log billable time for support requests promptly.
- Working knowledge of WordPress ecosystem including Gutenberg, Advanced Custom Fields, Caching Plugins and custom theming.
- Familiarity with compiling SASS into css using: Gulp , Webpack or Node-Sass.
- Familiarity and/or experience with other open-source CMS platforms like Joomla and Drupal preferred.
- Self-directed and confident working in a fast-paced collaborative environment, multi-tasking and the ability to respond to changing priorities are important in this role, with attention to project timeline and budget.
- Must be a critical thinker and problem solver with an ability to diagnose bugs and propose solutions.
- Proficient in time management.
- Able to express and communicate task progress, engage team members in problem solving and keep key stakeholders informed regularly.
- Always willing to learn, stay up to date with emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Experience in Shopify.
- Comfortable working in the terminal. (OSX/Linux) or WSL.
- Understanding of package management: JS (NPM,) Php:(Composer).
- Experience using Git (branches, pull requests, merge conflicts).
- Agency experience.